This page is developed to help promote fire prevention for children and young adults.
Some Fire Safety Tips:
* Only call 911 in case of an emergency.
* Feel a door for heat with the back of your hand before opening it. If it is hot go to a window and stay there so that you can be seen.
* Crawl on your hands and knees to get out safely.
* Once you are out “Stay Out.” Do Not go back in.
* If you are on fire STOP, DROP, ROLL and COVER YOUR FACE.
* Do Not hide behind, under, or in anything.
* Have 2 exits out.
* Have a meeting place for you and your family.
* If you find matches or a lighter you need to give them to an adult.
* Check your smoke detector batteries each month. Change the batteries when you change your clocks in the fall and the spring.
* Do Not be afraid. Firefighters are your friend and there to help you.